Monday, June 18, 2007

Life, Liberty & The Pursuit of Happiness


Life, Libby & The Pursuit of Happiness

Lydia Hope

**** ( 4.5/5)


Libby Marshall thought everything would come together when she received the promotion at work that she was promised 5 years ago. However, a corporate merger changes and all that and Libby is demoted to an administrative assistant. Her demotion is just the beginning of crazy things to come and suddenly Libby’s life is a big mystery, with her former boss missing and a huge secret which might be the key to her future career. Libby begins a journey to start living life in the moment AND trusting her faith.


I really enjoyed this book. Overall Libby was a great character. She wasn’t to cliché or overly anything (whiny, ECT) - just a normal girl who thought she had everything figure out, but didn’t factor in life. The themes ( faith, trusting God,) were not shoved at us but sprinkled into a few key passages that were very moving for Libby (and for me). The message and the passages felt very real, I felt as if it were my aunt giving them to me.


There were a few times, especially at the end that I rolled my eyes as how perfectly everything wrapped up. I know sometimes life is like that, but some things at the end were a bit too perfect, but overall it was a great read.


I highly recommended this cute and inspiring story.

No comments: