Thursday, June 7, 2007

The Blue Bistro

The Blue Bistro
Elin Hilderbrand

***** ( 5/5)

Aaah- what can me more relaxing then an Elin Hilderbrand novel, sunny skies and a deck chair- not much.



The Blue Bistro introduces us to, Adreinne Dealey, a 28 year old woman who is good a running away. After loosing her boyfriend and live saving in Aspen, she decides to head to Nantucket to get away. She ends up getting a job at the Blue Bistro, the most coveted restaurant in town and immediately get caught up in its part owner- Thatcher. Unfortunately this is the Blue Bistro’s last season and she sets out to find out the reason and to define the “friendship/ relationship" between Thatch and the other owner- recluse chef Fiona. What she finds is a lot more than she bargained for but she soon land you can’t run away from love- it will always find you.




I am a big fan of Hilderbrand; I love the Nantucket locations of all her books and would love to see these beaches for myself. Aside from the great imagery this book will make you hungry. In between the descriptions of the menu at the bistro, the orders called and the food that was described in each “family meal” I was salivating. I probably liked this book because she put three of my favorite things- love, food and the beach together and it came out to be a great story.




This novel was more romance than the previous Hilderbrand titles( The Beach Club, Nantucket Nights, Summer People) I’d read, but I enjoyed it just the same and would definitley recommend this to be in your beach bag this summer.





*I like this cover a lot better than the first one.

No comments: