Saturday, April 21, 2007

Sex.Lies.Murder.Fame


Sex. Lies. Murder. Fame

Lolita Files


With a name like that, how could you not be intrigued? This book was about two “weird” people, Penn and Beryl and their relationship. Once was narcissistic, charming genius and a “player” the other obsessive-compulsive, workaholic with some way more serious issues.


There was lots of sex, lies, murder and fame and this book was a definite departure from Files other novels. This one was just kind of weird, crazy and far fetched, just like the characters, Beryl & Penn. It was neither a page turner (which I was expecting based on the title) nor a complete bore. It was an okay story about some crazy a** people. I couldn’t picture or relate to either Penn or Beryl so that’s probably why I’m feeling a little lukewarm about this one.


Overall, an okay/good read. Not her best and I still like Blind Ambitions & Scenes from A Sistah a lot more. I am looking forward to her next novel. Maybe she could bring Penn or Beryl backs (some kind of way) and put them with a normal person and that would be interesting…..


Verdict: Library or my favorite- Paperback swap!


No comments: