Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Last Night A DJ Saved My Life


Last Night A DJ Saved My Life

Lylah Beth LeFore

Every time I think of this book I just want to sing. Anyway my sister bought this book but didn’t like it too much. I think that it’s because she is 16 and hasn’t really dealt with the issues in the book and couldn’t relate.


Destiny Day is a high powered PR/Event planner from NYC who has a list of men that keep her occupied, satisfied and most importantly uncommitted. Then she meets, Taye Crawford and suddenly everything she begins to wonder if that’s good enough. Destiny was a cool character; I enjoyed her friends, especially Ms. Josephine’s sage advice. This book was kind of like a black Sex & the City/ Chic- Lit book.


I really enjoyed this book; although it was a little slow at times, it still kept me interested. I’d be interested in reading more work from the author.


This was a bonus selection for Book Club # 1. The author was supposed to be there, but unfortunately she was injured and unable to come. Instead we got to meet Denene Milner author of Sad I missed her, but Ms. Milner was great as well. We missed out on a discussion of this book and instead, Ms. Milner read from her latest book The Vow. I've read other works ( In Love and War, Love Don't Live here anymore,A Love Story, The Sistah's Rules and my favorite- The Angry Black Woman's Guide to Life) by Ms. Milner and enjoyed them, but most of them were so long ago , I can't remember.



As far as The Vow, I think I liked it. I read it in the store cause I couldn't afford it at the time, so I read it pretty quickly

No comments: