Sunday, June 18, 2006

Sweet Magnolia


Sweet Magnolia

Norma L. Jarret

Two embattled sisters and a family full of secrets all return to their beloved New Orleans for a summer wedding/ family reunion. Rife with family drama and secrets that lie underneath all families- the secrets uncovered this summer will require and abundance faith, love and hope to overcome.

I was excited about this book- even picking it up to take with me on a trip to visit my college roommate, but I forgot it in the car and had to due without it. Anyway, so when I finally got around to reading it I enjoyed it, but not as much as Ms. Jarrett’s first book- Sunday Brunch. It was a little harder for me to relate to the characters, but I still enjoyed it. The writing is excellent, the Christian themes are not too heavy, but perfect and make the story and enjoyable read.

I did enjoy the fact that the story took place in New Orleans. All my prayers that the city will one day recover, despite all the obstacles

Recommended.

No comments: