Sunday, March 11, 2007

It's No Secret

It's No Secret: From Nas to Jay-Z, from Seduction to Scandal--a Hip-Hop Helen of Troy Tells All

Carmen Bryan

(0/5)


Thank Goodness I didn’t buy this book, but I read it in the bookstore. I’m not going to lie, I was curious to see what Ms. Bryan had to say and I’ll go ahead an sum it up for you here- Nothing.

This book isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on. First it’s a rip of off Superhead book- Confessions of Video Vixen which isn’t good, but is Pulitzer Prize winning stuff compared to this.

In Diary, there was a point. Karrine was telling her story of being a video girl and the life came with that. I think that is a story worth telling because so many little girls want to grow up to be the pretty girls in the videos. They have no clue about the life that lurks under the surface and Stephens bought that to life. If one girl thinks twice and realizes she doesn’t want to be a sex object, a slut or glorified stripper than I think that it’s worth it. Confessions exposed what was underneath the so-called "glamour" . This book had no purpose.

Ms. Bryan was bragging about her failed relationship with two of hip- hops biggest starts. My question is whose laughing now. Nas is married and Jay-Z is dating one of the most desirable women in the world and you are writing a tell all about your sleeping with both of them and your countless abortions?


I felt so sorry for this chick while skimming through this trash. I mean this book has no purpose but to capitalize on someone else’s fame. She was somebody’s girlfriend cheated on him and then got dropped. So she had sex with all these superstars- that are nothing to be proud of. Honestly her relationship with Nas is not book worthy material either. Once again this book was written to capitalize of Jay-Z, Nas and Karrine Stephens success. I truly feel for her daughter. What a shame.


Don’t buy this book and don’t waste time or brain cells reading it. If you are that intrigued by the Hip-Hop lifestyle sticks with Confessions.

No comments: